Apr 23, 2020
What a great connection with Former NFL Pro Bowler Eric Wood. An
amazing conversation about leadership, impacting others and of
course, a couple football stories. A privilege to have such a great
leader and person share his insights on mindfulness!
- 1:20 Eric Wood introduction and background. Listen as Eric
talks about his NFL career and when his world was rocked and how
God had different plans for him and his family.
- 3:18 Looked like one of the everyday members in the gym.
Eric talks about humility and how he played a game where he got to
throw a ball around for a living. Not taking himself too
seriously and not holding himself in too high of a regard and
- 6:03 Servant Leadership. Eric talks about what he wants
to see in a leader. Getting better or getting worse there is no
grey area. Eric talks about taking time and getting to know
his teammates and making friends and following a servant
- 8:22 Trust. Mike discusses trust and how that impacts
teams and relationships. Podcast 0, Eric’s introductory
podcast speaks from a place of authenticity and sincerity.
Eric talks about how he got into his podcast “What’s next with Eric
- 11:11 Receiving the news on your career coming to an end.
Eric talks about his career ended and how he felt at that
time. He took the approach of motivating himself and
realizing he is starting in an industry he was not familiar
with. Eric talks about doing a lot of inner work to be better
and help to get through tough times.
- 14:08 Others oriented. As soon as it’s about you, you are
going to struggle in your life. Eric talks about helping
others through community and church and controlling your mental
being and being there for other people.
- 15:19 Walter Payton award. Eric talks about the Walter
Payton award and what that means to him and the sport. How
you treat people is completely within our control. Eric talks
about how good it feels that his peers voted him in for the Walter
- 19:00 Mindfulness. Eric talks about where he sees
mindfulness going. More and more studies show how
visualization and mindfulness play such an important part in our
- 20:54 Float around on auto pilot. To be living based on
routines we all have, meditation allows us to stop and look at
doing things differently. Be intentional, do things that
benefit you. Enjoy the moment and enjoy where you are in life.
- 23:15 Serving others. Eric discusses the way we
share, and others share with all of us. Having a daily
gratitude practice will fill you with peace and help uplift others
- 24:56 Make an impact at home first. Eric talks about a
life coach he has worked with in the past and the question of “are
you making an impact at home first”? So much more value in
taking the opportunity to make the impact in your own home.
Just be home with family.
- 27:00 Trevor asks a few quick questions.
- 29:08 The ways to follow Eric Wood.